Below are some frequently asked questions about attending St. Mary's School. If you have a question that is not covered here, please contact the school at (518) 885-7300 and someone will be happy to answer it for you.
- Do I have to be a Parishioner of St. Mary’s in Ballston Spa? No, you do not have to be a parishioner of St. Mary’s in Ballston Spa to attend the school.
- Is it true my child can be bused to St. Mary’s as long as I live within 15 miles of the school, even if I do not live in the Ballston Spa School District? Yes, your home school district must bus your child at no additional cost if you live within 15 miles of St. Mary’s School and apply to the district before April 1st.
- Does the school provide special classes to the students? Yes, at St. Mary's School, we offer classes in Physical Education, Art, Music, Spanish,Technology and Library. Students in grades 3-5 also have the opportunity for instrumental music lessons.
- Does St. Mary’s provide special education for children in need? We have an in-house child-study team of teachers that meet to review teacher's submissions of students who are having difficulties with learning. If need be, students are then referred to the Ballston Spa School district for testing and services if needed. We have been blessed to be supported by excellent teachers coming in for academic services, OT and PT, and Speech to assist children from kindergarten through 5th grade.
- Are the teachers certified? Yes, the teachers at St. Mary’s are certified or are in the process of completing certification.
- Is tuition assistance available? Yes, if assistance is needed please contact the school directly for more information.
- I would like to participate in my child’s education and be involved with the school, are these opportunities available at St. Mary’s? Volunteers are always welcome. The grade level will determine the extent of assistance needed in each classroom. There are many activities in which parent volunteers may participate, such as room parent, playground helpers, lunch servers, field trip chaperones, etc. All volunteers are required to complete a Safe Environment Training and undergo a background check.